Thank You For The Days

Its Friday and its Mias 7th birthday, so theres a buzz of excitement and optimism on Foxy Lady today. Although I love the school holidays, I am glad that I now have time to continue with my quest to get this business off the ground and to enter a new creative flow.
I had a wonderful and inspiring weekend with my mum, as we went to Proms in the Park. We had a quality time, and I got to see Texas and the legend that is Ray Davies (I have liked the Kinks for a while, but now I love them and probably one of my favourite bands of all time). I just love the diversity of their music and the fact that they not only have written some of the most beautiful songs ever, they have also written some pieces of music back in the 60's that sound like they have been written today. We had a very late night on Saturday, well Sunday morning after an epic journey back to Newbury, but I was raring to go by Monday and started my week with a return to Body Balance and getting into my exercise routine.
Foxy Lady in her workspace
Here is a photo of me in my workspace, which is also our dining room. I will do a feature at some point as to what it is like working in a small space off grid, because this is a whole Blog on its own. I love it when it is warm enough to get the side hatch open and have some natural light coming and, and a different view everywhere we moor.
Its surprising how can survive on limited resources and space, it can take time to adjust and takes an organised mind (and lots of patience), but I wouldn't change it for the world.

I spent most of my week exercising, planning, tidying and organising, and am pleased I managed to get a bit of sewing in. Finally!! I havent done any since about June, so I'm keen to get my creative mojo back, playing and experimenting with textiles and designs.
Retro Maxi Skirt - Commission
Vintage Cushion cover

So this is what I produced this week. Both were commissioned to me by a vintage fan.
The Maxi skirt was made to measure, the fabric was provided by the client, its reclaimed fabric, and I had a reclaimed vintage zip to fit it. I love this bold print, and she will look stunning in it. She also commissioned me to make a cushion for her daughters bedroom to match the curtains, again I had a vintage zip to match.
I have a few ideas as to what I'm going to make next week, so watch this space.
Finally, Im going to leave you with a picture of Sir Ray Davies, as I have been singing Waterloo sunset all week. Thanks Mum for taking me xx

Sir Ray Davies 9.9.2017




7 comments:

  1. Wow, really enjoyed your blog, what an uplifting, enriching and freedom of life you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog Sarah I'm looking forward to reading more xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed reading your blog Sarah and LOVE the skirt! Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouraging comments. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog! Very impressed I am, glad to see you being creative, I know how difficult it can be in the space, but the environment brings out the need I think. I remember engineering (no other word for it) a kilt on "Oddball", all 38 yards of it into a mathematically precise formula, that was a challenge I can tell you, but it can be done and the difficulties can make it even more rewarding, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Helen, I appreciate your comment. Was it you that had a spindle onboard at some point?

    ReplyDelete