Facebook Detox









Monday 9th March 2020

Weather : A grand day, gorgeous and sunny. It maybe a solar powered day. Woop
Feeling : I have the attention span of a gnat, the memory of an elephant, and the energy of a sloth. Couldn’t face Body Balance, I'm so out of touch with exercise regime, whilst Mia has been off school a lot
Activities: Decluttering. Got rid of my bike, it was in such a bad state, it was going to cost as much to repair as we paid for it, a left threading needle sewing machine, (don't ask) my old overlocker, old TV and laptop. Crap that's been hanging around in the van for a good few months oh and a couple of bags of soiled curtains.
Tidied all my sewing stuff away, no need to have such easy access, and to get rid of it visually.
I also gave our compost loo a thorough clean, scrubbing scurf from the inside of the wee compartment.
Conversation: I interrogated a few folk at the local tip re: recycling, I met John from a German company at the tip, that collected textiles." There's 80 of us van owners in the UK, I got driver of the year last year who was driver of the year told me I was the second person that asked him about where the clothes go. Another girl made a couple of grand  out of curtains, did a fashion show, and offered him a couple of hundred, but my boss, no he would sack me". Good news about rags going to Germany and Poland to be made into shoes. Nothing goes in landfill. He liked to eff and jeff a bit , I quite liked John
Something new: Joined Whats app, i know its social media, but I can start from scratch with it, just family and close friends to start
Why does it always happen to me? emptied the pee bucket, and splashed my yoga pants and drenched my Sketchers


Our sexy glittery compost loo
Whats app

Tuesday

Digital Detox: Still thinking about social media too much. Whilst driving home from school drop off, listening to Zoe Ball, 3 songs, all awesome, New Order, Joy Division, and whacked it up for Everything Counts by Depeche Mode, my first thought was ooh I should tweet her and tell her how awesome it was. I need to focus on thinking singularly, and ??? not about pleasing the masses, or the fact that I can relate to whoever sent the email. I feel like I am making more time to chat to people as I pass.
Unsubscribing from emails too, sod the National Days emails, that I get in hope of inspiration for hash tags. I don't need reminding by every person, website, or whatever that its St. Patricks day, or 'hide your head in the oven day'
Something good : I am certainly communicating more with Rich via text, I hadn’t realised just how little I bothered with him in comparison to the rest of the cyber world.
Strangely, I feel my peripheral vision is wider, I'm noticing more around me. As I was driving.
Activity : Scrubbed floor - wanted to do that for years.. why haven't I done it before??
Mindfulness:
I realise that I never counted the essential things in life as part of my day e.g library, pharmacy, I would do them on auto pilot, they weren't good enough to be present in or discuss whilst having drinks. I was a high-ish achiever, so this kind of stuff is relevant, i did it blind folded. It doesn’t count as a decent chore, like cleaning the fridge. My expectations of myself are high.
Something new: I found nice useful apps and decided I could add nicer things to my front screen of phone, gone are the usual's, and now I have mindfulness apps, the leisure centre, Waitrose, the daily Zen (inspirational quotes) and Memorize (a journaling app).
The Daily Zen 

Memorize - A daily journal app



Lets Meditate 

Wednesday

Weather: The wind is up again tonight, stooooop.
Boat rocks, doors rattle, things jangle on the roof, In bed it was lashing around
Activity: Sorting and decluttering, got my watch fixed after 6 months, got cleaning product refills, got new glasses that Mia broke, got prescription, library took loads of books that were cluttering my shelf (which isn't many on a narrow boat).
I had a significant moment today, when I put my repaired watch back on, I decided to take my Frack-Off wristband off. I decided it was a positive thing to do, I think that we have won now. I was given it by Tina-Louise about 5 years ago, when the Nanas visited Misson.
Digital Detox: Occasionally I go to pick my phone up, for no reason other than, that's what I have been conditioned to do, to see what's going on, what am I missing. But I am not suffering with Fomo (fear of missing out) more like Jomo (joy of missing out).
Exercise: Yoga - tough, I was suffering from yesterday's elbow planks with Helen, and Paula's high planks were even tougher.
Something new: Used my meditation app - fab
Why does it always happen to me? I was overzealous with my decluttering, and tried 3 times to scan a book at the library that was actually mine (a doomers book about the environment) I took it as a sign not to read the book at the moment, it might upset my positivity.
Ready for the Million Mask March 5.11.2016


Thursday

Weather: Some sun, but don't, be fooled, more rain, in fact hail, and strong winds AGAIN. Those cobwebs are well clear.
Feeling: I wake up early, feeling like I am being unravelled like an elastic band ball, things are going in the right direction, but still more bands till I get to the core, and the core ends with nothing, hopefully, an emptiness of my mind. I felt positive about being up early, the day is mine to be had. Mia was l ready up early too watching TV with Molly, Unspoken Foxy Lady rule. If she gets up before us, she can put the telly on. I enjoyed this morning, extra time together before school, more laid back a lovelier way start to the day, than our usual rushing around.
Exercise: Yoga, same as yesterday, ooh those planks are getting harder
Detox Notes: No misunderstood messages, no trying to post something without offending someone , no worrying, no time wasting. I am not missing Facebook at all
Something New: Saying yes to a coffee immediately! At school drop off a friend desperately invited me for coffee, more often than not I would say no, I would usually feel like I was 'too busy'. Obliged to be doing stuff for my so called business (bitter? me ?). I immediately said yes, and it was a good job, as she really was a friend in need.
Other News: Trump stopping EU flights due to Coronavirus, so I check my insurance for my planned Easter trip to Australia to see my brother (it's looking 50/50 we will go).


The Plank

Feb 2022 update : We didn't get to Australia due to Covid restrictions, but we are booked to go Easter 2022
I am still off Facebook and most social media, and I barely miss it

No comments:

Post a Comment